Black Mold Removal
Removing black mold isn’t just about maintaining your home, it’s about ensuring healthy indoor air quality and keeping yourself and your loved ones safe.
Black mold problems that are not addressed immediately can quickly spread to and contaminate other areas of your home, compromising its structural integrity and safety.
Once you know that you have black mold in your home or office, it is crucial to remove it as soon as possible. Never attempt to do so yourself as this could result in further contamination and unnecessary exposure. Contact Mold Busters today—we’re certified black mold removal specialists.
Black mold often develops in buildings that have been victim to serious water damage or flooding. It can be an equally destructive problem in both new and old constructions, leading to a decline in indoor air quality, Sick Building Syndrome and other serious health problems.
In fact, industry professionals often refer to black mold as the invisible killer because people usually have no clue that they have a problem until they start to experience debilitating symptoms and a decline in their health.
Where is black mold most likely to grow?
The following areas of a home are typically most prone to mold growth and therefore most likely to need black mold removal:
- Basements (mold on floors, walls, and carpets as a result of moisture intrusion)
- Crawlspaces (mold as a result of condensation on walls and ceilings)
- Bathrooms (showering, leaky toilets and other sources of moisture give rise to mold on shower walls, tiles and grout)
- Laundry rooms (washing machines, damp towels and poor ventilation can cause mold growth)
- Kitchens (cooking, boiling water and washing without an exhaust fan causes humidity to accumulate and ultimately leads to mold growth)
- Closets (storing damp or dirty clothing in a closed space can cause mold)
- Underneath furniture (lack of ventilation, darkness, warmth and dampness can all contribute to mold growth).
The fact that mold is able to grow so easily explains why black mold removal is such a complex task. However, when left to a professional, black mold removal can be effective and yield long-lasting results. Call Mold Busters today for expert help with your mold remediation project.
Symptoms associated with black mold exposure
Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, is the deadliest and most dangerous species of mold and the one that should be avoided at all costs.
Listed below are some of the most common symptoms of exposure to this deadly black mold:
- Coughing, wheezing and difficulty breathing
- Onset or worsening of allergies and/or asthma
- Dizziness or nausea
- Skin irritation and rashes
- Throat irritation
- Chronic fatigue and low energy
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Anxiety and/or depression
If you’re experiencing any of these recurring symptoms, you should contact a professional black mold removal company like Mold Busters for immediate assistance.