Basement Mold Removal
Have you recently had a flood in your basement due to leaky plumbing, burst pipes or bad weather? If so, don’t worry.
While basement mold removal can be a huge job with huge costs, you can greatly reduce your expenses, save time and minimize frustration by hiring a certified mold removal company.
For basement mold removal in Ottawa and Montreal, choose Mold Busters. We’re fully certified, and we do our best to keep remediation costs low while providing complete flood restoration and water damage repairs.
The key to effectively removing mold from your basement is to first understand what’s feeding its growth. This is usually some type of moisture problem. With that said, if you eliminate the cause, you eliminate the problem… and that’s exactly what we’ll help you do.
Call us today and book your basement mold removal in Montreal or Ottawa!
Why are basements so prone to mold problems?
While there are several factors that contribute to mold growth in basements, the primary cause is moisture. How does moisture get into your basement? Take a look:
- Most basements lack moisture barriers and proper insulation, allowing dampness from the soil to travel upwards and into your home. This makes them more humid than other areas of your house.
- In summer, basements are cooler than other rooms in a home. When warm outdoor air comes into contact with the cold surfaces, it condenses, causing moisture to collect on basement walls.
- Leaky plumbing, burst pipes, or heavy rainfall that enters through cracked foundation can result in major flooding, water damage and, ultimately, mold growth.
As a responsible homeowner, you should never let mold grow and build up in your basement because it can negatively affect the air quality in your entire home, leading to health problems and decreased quality of life. It can also threaten the structural soundness of the building.
Common signs of basement mold
The following are a few of the most common signs that you have a basement mold problem that deserves attention:
- A musty or earthy smell
- Water stains
- Condensation on walls or windows
- Efflorescence on walls
- Bubbling paint or wallpaper
- Damp, humid air (relative humidity above 50%)
- Discoloration of walls, carpets or furniture
Unfortunately, even if none of these signs are present, you still may have a problem because basement mold can grow behind walls underneath floors, hidden from plain sight.
Call Mold Busters and get professional help finding and removing mold in Ottawa, Montreal and surrounding areas. We know what to look for, where to look for it, and what to do about it. Schedule your basement mold remediation today.