Poor indoor air quality is a major concern in homes and workplaces. Mold Busters inspects for and eliminates mold and other IAQ pollutants to keep residents of Smiths Falls healthy and safe.
We are NAMP-certified and closely follow ANSI/IICRC S500 and S520 guidelines. Check out our Qualifications page to see how we're trained and certified to provide you with the most reliable inspection, testing and remediation services in Smiths Falls.
This small, quiet town of 9,000 offers residents and tourists a number of outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, swimming, birdwatching, and many others. However, this otherwise idyllic town suffers from unusually high rates of mold infestation due to its humid climate. If you are concerned about mold in Smiths Falls, Mold Busters can help.
Mold growth (which can only be confirmed by a mold test), is a common problem in bathrooms. Mold under the sink develops because this area is susceptible to excess moisture.
When piping under the sink leaks and moisture accumulates, mold will often develop on a nearby surface—and quickly. We suggest keeping an eye out for leaks, condensation around piping and related plumbing issues in your bathroom.
Moreover, the bathroom, in general, is damp and more prone to mold than other areas of your home. For bathroom mold removal in Smiths Falls, Mold Busters can help.
Mold is an extremely serious health risk. Several strains are highly toxic to humans and can cause health problems such as headaches, neurological disorders, cancers, and several others. These risks become more severe the longer you are exposed, so it is important to detect mold early.
Unfortuneately, most people don’t do anything about mold until it starts showing obvious signs like discoloration on walls and ceilings, cracking paint or wallpaper, musty smell, or a number of others. However, by this point, mold has already reached an advanced stage of growth. Most mold begins growing inside walls, floors and ceilings. These areas trap warmth and moisture and also provide mold with plenty of food (e.g., wood and paper). Here, mold flourishes out of view and spreads its spores through the air all over your home. You could be suffering symptoms of mold exposure for weeks before mold becomes visible.
If you want to catch mold before it has started harming your health, you need to hire professionals for an inspection. At Mold Busters, we can identify can identify mold weeks before it would present visible signs, saving you untold damage to your health and the health of your loved ones.
To arrange mold testing in Smiths Falls, contact Mold Busters.
If an inspection uncovers signs of mold, we will test the affected areas to determine the extent of the problem. We take surface and air samples to identify the strain of mold. This is important because, of the more than 21 strains of mold, some are benign while others are highly toxic. We will investigate the history and structure of your home, examining the ways ventilation and architecture may affect mold growth. We will measure the level of humidity and identify any areas of moisture buildup.
This detailed testing is necessary to guarantee a long-term solution. There is no point simply removing insulation, for example, if it was damaged by water from a leak in the roof. The new insulation will get soaked by the leak and become a breeding ground for mold all over again. In this case, the leak needs to be identified as the cause of the problem and then fixed before remediation starts. In short, testing will reveal the original causes of mold growth and allow us to create lasting solutions for you and your family.
For mold testing services in Smiths Falls, contact us today.
If mold is discovered in your home, you need to remove it quickly in order to minimize damage to your health and property. However, you should resist the temptation to remove mold yourself. The slightest disturbance will release mold spores and spread them throughout the rest of your house. Most non-professionals who undertake their own mold removal not only see mold return to the original area, but also new areas in the home.
At Mold Busters, we have the knowledge, experience and equipment to remove mold safely and effectively. We seal off the affected area and filter all incoming and outgoing air with HEPA filters. All materials are sealed in air-tight bags prior to disposal to ensure that mold spores don’t spread to other rooms on on their way out the door.
All of our technicians are certified with the National Association of Mold Professionals (NAMP) and the Régie du Bâtiment du Québec (RBQ). They have undertaken extensive training and follow all industry-standard guidelines. We bring a rigorous process to every removal.
If you need safe and effective mold removal in Smiths Falls, call us today.
Poor indoor air quality is one of the most pervasive and insidious health threats you face. It can cause headaches, nausea, allergies and chronic fatigue. These symptoms are extremely hard to diagnose because they can be caused by a number of different problems, such as stress, malnutrition and others. Most people suffering from poor indoor air quality have no idea.
It’s rare to find a home that doesn’t contain some level of mold, asbestos or volatile organic compounds. The only way to know whether or not the air in your home is healthy is to have it tested. Mold Busters’ qualified technicians will thoroughly test the air in your home and investigate all building materials to determine how healthy the air in your home is.
If you want to breathe easy in your home, contact Mold Busters for air quality testing.
Most people are aware that asbestos is hazardous but few know how prevalent it still is. Asbestos has been a popular additive in building materials for decades due to its strong resistance to heat, flames and electricity. It can be found in countless materials, such as paints, tiles, insulation, caulking and others. Though recently banned, the ban only affects homes built in 2018 or later—homes built before that could contain doazens of materials with asbestos.
In theory, asbestos isn’t hazardous unless it is disturbed, but disturbing it is almost impossible to avoid. Asbestos breaks up easily into tiny airborne particles that float around until they are inhaled. Hammering nails into walls for pictures, replacing drywall or insulation and painting can all release asbestos. The only way to be truly safe from asbestos-related health risks is to remove it from your home.
At Mold Busters, we have extensive experience in asbestos testing. If there is asbestos in your home, we will detect it with particle scans or air samples. And if nothing shows up in the tests, you can rest assured that your home is safe and healthy.
To schedule asbestos testing in Smiths Falls, contact Mold Busters now.
Worried about mold, asbestos or another air quality issue?