As most Ottawa residents know, the best way to size up winter in Canada’s capital is with three words: snow and extreme cold.
Unfortunately for Ottawa residents, extremely low temperatures can cause pipes to burst and heavy snowfall can result in major leaks and flooding in spring. Both of these factors increase your home’s risk of developing mold problems.
If you suspect that there’s a leak or a moisture problem in your home that could be fuelling mold growth, contact a certified mold inspection company for a professional and thorough mold assessment.
A professional mold inspector will conduct a thorough assessment, taking the time to check behind walls and other hard-to-reach spaces.
Because there are a number of companies in the Ottawa area that offer mold inspection services, it’s important to know what questions to ask in order to find the best one for your needs.
How to choose a good mold inspection company
To help you make your decision, the experts at Mold Busters have compiled a list of questions you should ask potential mold inspection companies before making any sort of commitment.
- What can I expect to see during a mold inspection?
- What is the mold inspector looking for?
- What equipment will the mold inspector be using?
- How long does a mold inspection take?
- What happens after the inspection? Does the inspector clean the mold?
- What is a scope of work and why do I need one?
- Will I get a written report after the mold inspection?
- Can a mold inspection help in I’m in the process of purchasing a property?
- Once the inspector has located the source of the mold problem, can I clean the mold myself?
- How much does a mold inspection cost?
- If I’m renting an apartment, who pays for the mold inspection: the tenant or the landlord?
Also, before you begin your research, it’s important that you know exactly what you are looking for and expecting from a mold inspection company, both in terms of price and service.
If you have any questions about the mold inspection process, don’t hesitate to contact the certified pros at Mold Busters Ottawa.