If you own a home in the Ottawa or Montreal area, mold proofing should be at the top of your home maintenance checklist.
Mold proofing your home essentially means reducing the risk of mold developing in or on the property. In other words, you apply mold prevention strategies to protect your home and your health.
Of all the rooms in your home, your basement is likely the most in need of mold proofing. That said, it is also very important to mold proof your attic, crawlspace, bathroom and laundry room.
The reason is simply that these areas are extremely susceptible to humidity and moisture—the number one causes of mold growth. If you want to prevent mold, you need to keep your home dry.
At Mold Busters, our remediation team will examine your home for all possible sources of moisture intrusion, repair them and restore water damage. We’ll ensure long-lasting protection against mold.
Call us today to learn more about our mold proofing services in Montreal and Ottawa.
Mold proofing your basement
If there’s one room in your home that you need to get mold proofed, it’s the basement. Basements are extremely prone to moisture problems like leaks, condensation and flooding. This is because they’re below grade, dark, damp and have limited air flow.
Moisture intrusion in your basement could cause mold growth on important structural components such as beams, joists, floors, ceilings, and walls as well as on all of your furniture, carpets and personal belongings.
By hiring a basement mold proofing professional, not only can you prevent mold, but you can also improve indoor air quality and reduce allergies and asthma. Make your home a more comfortable and secure place to live—contact Mold Busters to get started!
Easy ways to mold proof your home
Listed below are some simple but effective ways to mold proof your home:
- Avoid having carpets in your bathroom, basement or any room that’s below grade.
- Repair poorly sealed windows and doors.
- Open windows and doors regularly to allow proper air exchange.
- Turn on exhaust fans when showering or cooking.
- Check your bathroom sinks, faucets and toilets for leaks.
- Fill foundation cracks.
- Use a dehumidifier (especially if RH is above 50%).
- Reduce the number of indoor plants (plants increase humidity and the soil is a great place for mold).
- Regularly clean your HVAC ducts and furnace filters.
- Clean and vacuum your home regularly.
Mold Busters can help you create a home that’s free of mold. Call us today to see how!