Are you facing a mold problem? Are you looking to get rid of mold in your house, but you’re not sure how?
We’ll explain how by revealing some of the most common misconceptions and beliefs about mold, how it grows and how it affects you. To take action and properly and effectively remove mold, you should be aware of the myths associated with it.
Because You Can’t See It, It’s Not There
Mold can grow out of control very easily without ever even being noticed. You may be wondering how this can happen, but you can be sure that it can and will happen. Just imagine what occurs when a pipe leaks slowly but continually behind a wall – it creates a moisture-rich environment. If the moisture problem is not fixed immediately, mold will start to grow within 24 to 48 hours. Over time, it will devastate the structure of your property by feeding off the wooden beams and drywall that support your home.
Mold Grows Only Where There’s Water and Wetness
While it’s true that mold flourishes in moist and damp conditions, there are many species of mold that require only a small amount of moisture in order to grow. Moreover, some species of mold produce spores, which can remain dormant and survive in even the harshest of conditions and then reactivate as soon as favourable conditions arise. Another way of looking at it is that a dry area may only be a temporary fix to the fungal problem.
Chemicals Will Kill Mold Quickly and Easily.
As previously mentioned, killing visible mold by using chemicals or another at-home method isn’t a permanent solution to the problem, as some spores can remain in the environment, leading to a fungal outburst after a favourable condition appears. What’s more, anti-mold and anti-fungal chemicals are harsh and can end up hurting you and your loved ones – not just the mold. Therefore, finding the root of the problem and repairing it, is the safest and most effective way to get rid of a mold problem.
I Don’t Need Professionals To Clean Mold From My House; I Can Do It On My Own
Many people don’t take mold problems seriously and believe they can handle a remediation on their own. Unfortunately, this can be one of the biggest mistakes of all considering the fact that molds removal involves specialized equipment, knowledge of proper remediation procedures (including containment), safe disposal of mold-contaminated materials and years of experience.
If left untreated, mold can be very hazardous to your health. As such, it’s crucial to remember these common myths about mold and act fast. If you see any signs of fungal infection in or around your house, contact a mold-testing expert and start the remediation process immediately. Mold Busters can give you the helping hand you need.