Mold is everywhere, and it’s considered an element of the environment. It reproduces by releasing spores, which travel in and out of the house, and it grows where there is moisture and water. There are various kinds of mold that are hazardous to human health.
Types of Mold and Their Effects on Health
Indoor mold can grow and contribute to health issues. It’s produce allergens, such as irritants and toxic chemicals. Touching or inhaling mold spores may trigger an asthma attack or an allergic reaction, especially for people who are hypersensitive. Allergic symptoms that one might experience because of mold exposure include (but are not limited to) fevers, sneezing, red eyes and skin rashes. Sufferers might experience symptoms immediately, soon after, or in time. Mold can cause irritation for people both allergic and not allergic to molds.
Respiratory disease People who are exposed to mold may have respiratory problems, including difficulty breathing. If you have been affected by mold, you may cough up blood. You might also suffer from asthma or allergy attacks, bronchitis or chronic sneezing – in the case the mold spores have entered your lungs and irritated mucus membranes. These effects should not be taken lightly, as they could eventually cause your lungs to malfunction.
Gastrointestinal illness Mold may also affect mucus membranes in the stomach. People who are exposed to and infected by mold may suffer gastrointestinal problems, such as nausea and diarrhea. They may suddenly lose their appetite and lose weight.
Skin issues If you’ve come into contact with mold spores, say they’ve touched your skin, skin problems might result. Watch for red skin and itchiness. If the skin continues to be exposed to mold spores, a serious rash can develop, which you should treat immediately to avoid open sores.
Toxic effects An excess of mold spores, inhaled or consumed, is poisonous. The greenish-black mold that often grows on wood, tiles and paper, produces many mycotoxins that can harm a person’s health.
Aside from wood, and other surfaces, mold also grows on food. It will usually grow on vegetables that haven’t been consumed after a few days, cheese and bread. You should throw away any food that you suspect is contaminated, and immediately. Accidentally eating mold-contaminated food may cause headaches and nausea.
If you have sinusitis, mold can worsen your condition. Maintain a mold-free home for the sake of your health and that of your family’s and also for the sake of keeping your living space clean.
Notably, black mold is the most common mold type, and it frequently pops up in the bathroom or the kitchen. If you see it, have it cleaned as soon as possible to prevent its spread. The best removal solution is contacting a professional who can safely and properly remove it.
Eliminating Mold to Protect Your Health
Getting rid of mold is not an easy feat, because mold spores continuously travel through the air. The best thing you can do is prevent moisture and water build-up, because mold is unlikely to grow if there is no water or moisture. If you suspect your air is polluted, have an air quality test. If there’s proven mold in your home, don’t wait to clean it up and repair water leaks; mold will keep growing where there is water, even supposing it appears that you’ve cleaned it. For an inspection or removal, contact professionals in the business to ensure jobs are done safely and properly.