Mold Busters Scholarship
Ottawa-based mold removal company, Mold Busters, is launching a biannual writing contest for Canadian college and university students in order to raise awareness about poor indoor air quality (IAQ) and its effects on human health.
We invite students from any program in any Canadian post-secondary institution to submit an expository essay on the subject of mold, asbestos or another indoor air pollutant. Students can explore the causes of air quality problems (moisture intrusion, humidity, poor ventilation, etc.) as well as their effects on building structures and human health. They can discuss effective remediation techniques as well as offer up practical prevention tips.
- Could Mold in Your Air Conditioner Be Making You Sick?
- How to Prevent Moisture Buildup in Your Basement
- What to Do If You Find Asbestos in Your Home
- Could You Be Suffering from Sick Building Syndrome?
- Common Hotspots for Household Mold
NOTE: Topics must be sent to Mold Busters for approval first.
The winner will receive a cash prize of $1000 to go towards paying tuition fees and other school expenses. In addition, the winning articles will be published on the Mold Busters website and promoted through our various social media channels, all in an effort to raise awareness about healthy indoor air quality.
Summary of eligibility criteria
- Student must be a Canadian student enrolled in college or university
- For winter semester, essay must be submitted by December 21st
- For summer semester, essay must be submitted by April 21st
- Must be written in English
- Must be 1000+ words
- Must cover one of the following topics:
- Effects of poor IAQ on human and animal health
Results will be announced on December 29th – winter semester; and April 29th – summer semester. A winner will be chosen every semester so keep submitting articles!
Bust Mold Inc. reserves the right to use the essays submitted in its online marketing campaigns for raising awareness about environmental health issues.
Upload your text form
Fill in the form with info and upload your text as pdf, docx, doc file. File size limit 3mb.