The certified mold experts at Mold Busters have compiled a list of the top ten simplest and most effective ways to prevent mold growth in indoor spaces, and we can’t wait to share them with you!
How to prevent mold
- Repair all water leaks.
- Ensure adequate air circulation, specifically in bathrooms, closets, basements and kitchens.
- Keep the relative humidity in your home between 30% and 50%.
- Clean up water from spills, leaks and floods immediately.
- Direct water from sprinklers away from your home and ensure that your gutters are clean.
- Turn on exhaust fans when cooking, doing laundry or showering.
- Inspect your windows and walls regularly for cracks and signs of condensation and moisture.
- Use dehumidifiers, especially in basements, to remove excess moisture from the air.
- Make sure that the HVAC system, air conditioning units and air filters are kept clean as mold spores often get trapped inside.
- Use air purifiers like the EZ Breathe System in your house. Air purifiers can significantly reduce the number of airborne mold spores, not to mention many other indoor air pollutants like bacteria, dust and pollen.
These are just a few of the ways in which you can prevent the building up of mold in your home.
Of course, if you suspect a mold problem, please don’t hesitate to call a mold specialist.