Asbestos is, without a doubt, an extremely hazardous material that has been proven to cause serious illness, lung damage and even cancer after repeated or long-term exposure.
If you suspect there’s asbestos in your home or workplace, get it tested immediately.
Unfortunately, the effects of asbestos exposure, usually don’t appear until years later, making it hard for people to know if they are being exposed to asbestos.
Exposure to asbestos usually occurs when people inhale tiny airborne asbestos fibres that are floating around in the air.
These fibres, once inhaled, can cause scarring of the lungs, which results in irreversible damage including mesothelioma cancer.
Because it can take years for people to notice the effects of asbestos on their health, the majority of people who are reported to have asbestos-related cancer and other respiratory illnesses are older.
Test for asbestos to ensure safety
The best way to prevent asbestos exposure and its hazardous effects is to avoid it. How? Be proactive.
As a business or home owner, it’s important to get indoor air quality testing every now and again to check for asbestos, mold, VOCs and other hazardous materials.
If hazardous materials are found, it’s imperative that a professional removal company take care of the problem.
If you think your home or workplace is at risk of asbestos or other hazardous materials, contact Mold Busters.