Indoor pollutants like mold have been linked to the worsening of indoor air quality and the onset of various symptoms, sometimes collectively referred to as “Sick Building Syndrome.”
These symptoms often include sneezing, difficulty breathing, headaches, dizziness, chronic fatigue and memory loss among others.
What’s more, indoor pollutants jeopardize not only your health, but also the structural integrity of your residential, commercial or industrial property.
Watch out for signs of roof leaks. They are a type of moisture intrusion that can lead to serious black mold problems.
Leaky roofs, burst pipes, flooding and general humidity can all lead to mold growth, which over time, causes enormous structural damage that can take an enormous toll on your wallet.
Because mold spores are so small and can become airborne so easily, mold removal is a delicate job. And if you’re not a mold removal expert, attempting to clean mold yourself only puts you at a greater risk of spreading the contamination and of exposing yourself to toxic mold.
Getting professional help is, therefore, the safest and most reliable way of getting rid of a mold problem.
Steps in professional mold removal
At Mold Busters, our certified mold experts have compiled a list of the major steps in any successful mold removal project. Take a look:
- 1. Conduct mold and
- to determine the concentration and species of mold present
- 2. Locate the source(s) of the mold contamination and conduct proper repairs
- 3. Seal the area and set up proper containment to prevent the contamination from spreading
- 4. Remove and properly dispose of contaminated materials (drywall, furniture, carpets, etc.)
- 5. Clean mold off of remaining structural components
- 6. Apply anti-fungal cleaners for added protection
- 7. Conduct final air quality test to ensure efficacy of mold remediation
Performing every stage of this process perfectly is extremely important in ensuring an effective removal of mold and reducing the risk of mold regrowth.
Contact a reputable mold removal company that has the experience, certification and equipment needed to get the job done right. If you’re in Ottawa, Montreal, Kingston, Brockville or anywhere in the GTA, you can contact the professionals at Mold Busters. With IICRC and NAMP certification, our mold technicians are fast, friendly and extremely knowledgeable about all things mold.